Train journeys


Is there anyone out there like me who enjoys train journeys as much as me? I guess I have this romantic notion of trains because I don't have to stand on a commuter every morning with hundreds of others.But to me they just bring out memories of good times - the 13 year on the way to  Chester (a trip of 64 miles) to spend Christmas money in the Top Shop sale AND a chance to eat a Big Mac (this was so exotic). The 16 year old travelling through the Netherlands and Western Germany (waving to  handsome soldiers on military service and getting a seat by the window by pretending to be pregnant. (Anyone remember the Bumbag fashion? I shoved mine under my Tshirt and rested my hands behind my back like a tired mother-to-be. Oh yes I am evil). The journey can be part of the adventure :)
worn with cycling shorts and a buffalo stance


I found this cool and informative site called The Man in Seat 61 who helps you plan your next rail adventure.  OK,  I'm off to read How to travel by train from London to Munich (for the Oktoberfest) from 49 Euros each way.
Not really for beer but to wear a Dirndl

Comments

Popular Posts