The big warm winter coat quest

The challenge is to find a winter coat that a) can cope with a lot of  winter rain b) has a good hood that can stays in place and protects freshly blow-dried hair c) can keep me warm d) looks good in town and not only for Arctic exploration e) is long enough to keep my bum covered as well as warm.

This is a practical post as well as a fashion post. I want to keep snug and warm this winter and am looking for a longer length jacket. I'm outdoors around an hour a day most days and although the high street is full of fashion coats, I just don't think they will cut the mustard. Remembering last year's winter I thought about a down quilted jacket but then I read they not suited for a British winter climate of 80% rain. Soggy feathers and down don't offer any protection.
So here is my paired down list of practical (mostly Scandinavian) winter coats.
Bergans Tromso Insulated Parka 



Didriksons Isabelle 


Didriksons Crystal Parka

North Face Arctic Parka

Merrell Wakefield Insulated Jacket

Comments

Popular Posts