Movie: Black Book (2006)


The only thing you can do when you've got a bad case of flu is to stay in bed and rest. I watched this fantastic Dutch movie today during my more lucid hours. Wow! is all I can say. It had me completely gripped from start to finish. Set in Nazi occupied Netherlands in 1945, the based-on-a-true-story is about a beautiful Jewish girl who joins the Dutch resistance after witnessing the murder of her entire family. She manages to infiltrate the SD headquarters by becoming the mistress of  the 2nd in command. From then you are taken on many exciting twists and turns, but the good and bad guys are not what you might automatically think.
Great acting, and absolutely the best movie Paul Verhoeven has directed.

Here are some of the gorgeous film stills. Ellis' dresses were so beautiful. I absolutely adore late 1930s style.


Comments

Popular Posts