Brimham Rocks, Yorkshire Dales


I moved to Yorkshire in 2000 and I confess I haven't explored much of it yet. Whether that's because of work, having babies or heading west to visit family I'm not so sure BUT all this has started to change.

Next on my Yorkshire to-do list (once it has stopped raining, jeez, apparently we've had 175% more rain than would be normal) is Brimham Rocks, near Nidderdale, Yorkshire Dales.

There is talk that the ancient druids carved these strange rocks but they actually date back 320 million years ago. The rocks now stand at around 30 metres tall with some resembling animals or human faces - which all add to local legends. The land is owned by the National Trust and is open daily for visitors.



I found a nice 6 mile walk (a perfect length for an active 5 and 7 year old) with a picnic once we reach the rocks.

Comments

Popular Posts