Travel : Scottish Highlands

I mentioned before that after watching Brave last week I am so much into the idea of visiting Scotland. I enjoyed Edinburgh so much when I visited in 2010 but I now I want to see the wild national landscape of mountains and lochs.

We're making a little weekend plan of all the things that might be interesting to see:-
  • Dunkeld- A woodland walk  in "big tree county".
  • Driving north up the Drumochter Pass with the stunning mountain views of the Cairngorms National Park 
  • A visit to Culloden, the site of the last stand of the Jacobites against the British government forces.
  • Loch ness for monster hunting.
  • Explore the ruins of Urquhart Castle.
  • Stop at a working whisky distillery for tasting.
  • See Ben Nevis, the highest mountain in the UK.
  • Glen Coe.
  • Loch Lomond
  • Stirling and its castle and the monument to William Wallace (Braveheart)
  • Back to Edinburgh and jump on the train home :)
What do you think? Have I missed anything important?
The Hermitage at Dunkeld

Culloden
Urquhart Castle on the shores of Loch Ness
Ben Nevis
Glen Coe
Loch Lomond
William Wallace 'Braveheart' Monument

Comments

Popular Posts