Asymmetry

I've had my hair in the same style for a few years now - long, loose, with a side parting.  At a family party my Grandmother who I haven't seen for a very long time (she lives in San Francsico) remarked "ohh, you wear your hair long, huh?".

OMG.. those few words pierced me especially as I am travelling towards the big 4-0 birthday. Was I too old to have long hair? Was I starting to look *gulp* witchy?

I asked my mum "Do you think I should cut my hair?" The answer was a disappointingly quick "yes, good idea. You'll look younger".

What the  #&@!!!

Anyway, I started collecting images of styles I like.
1920's Flapper girl meets Sci-fi 


I just want to look like Marion Cotillard,
Pretty blue 


Perfectly groomed



Anyway, here are the before and after photos. What do you think? I really like the shorter length.  The sharp edges of the asymmetrical style makes my hair look modern, shiny and so much healthier.






Comments

  1. Must be fake - I'm sure I saw the second girl on the cover of the Vogue before :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts