Bread

"Bread is the warmest, kindest of all words. Write it always with a capital letter, like your own name."
One of my 2017 goals was to stop buying bread from the supermarket. After watching the Netflix documentary "Cooked" by Michael Pollan, I vowed never to buy mass produced bread anymore. The long list of additives and preservatives are simply scary. Bread should be made from just 4 ingredients:-
  1. Flour
  2. Water
  3. Yeast
  4. Salt

I asked for my own bread machine for Christmas. I've been making bread now before I go to sleep and the house smells great overnight. In fact, there can't be better a more comforting smell in the world.
My multi-seed loaf, still warm from the machine


Comments

  1. ...and in the background - the secret weapon of all homemade bakers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts