New recipe: Spaghetti frittata

I made way too much spaghetti for my bolognese sauce the other day and so started scouring the net for a recipe using cold pasta.  Avoiding food waste is really important to me. I was shocked when I read that the average UK household throws away £470 worth of food every year. Well, I don't even want to throw away £5 of food in a year!

Cue new dish to my kitchen repertoire... Spaghetti carbonara fritattta! It is really (and quite surprisingly to me) delicious.

Note:  The photo is not mine although it looks  similar. Mine was peppered with bits of bacon throughout  Confession: too hungry to snap a pic.

Ingredients

  • Eggs (I used 4)
  • Cooked spaghetti (I had a cereal bowl full)
  • Garlic (2 cloves) - minced
  • Bacon lardons
  • Milk or cream
  • Onions - diced
  • Cheese - grated

Method

  • Fry onions and bacon lardons in a little oil. Add garlic for the last couple of minutes.
  • Beat your eggs in a bowl. Add a little milk or cream and then the cheese.
  • Add the cooked spaghetti to the pan, pour over the milk mixture and cook over a low to medium heat. The bottom should be nicely browned.
  • Placing a large plate over the frying pan, flip the pan over so that the frittata is on the plate. Slide back into pan so that the opposite side gets a chance to brown.
  • After a couple of minutes, it's ready to tuck into. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts